Homemade Cherry Crisp Recipe
"Our family loves this pretty, tasty dessert," writes Laurie Todd from Columbus, Mississippi. "It uses convenient pie filling, so you can make it in no time—and it takes just a few minutes to heat in the microwave."
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 567 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 187 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC