"Our family loves this pretty, tasty dessert," writes Laurie Todd from Columbus, Mississippi. "It uses convenient pie filling, so you can make it in no time—and it takes just a few minutes to heat in the microwave."
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Microwave Cherry Crisp in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p51
Reviews for Homemade Cherry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2013
"THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD"