- In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, green pepper mixture, tomato
- paste, oil, sugar, salt, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, pepper
- flakes, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice to each of nine hot 1-qt. jars. Ladle
- hot mixture into jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 40 minutes in a
- boiling-water canner. Yield: 9 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 118 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now