Reports Karen Grant of Tulare, California, "I enter these treats, which are similar to Kit Kat bars, at the fair each year and win a blue ribbon. I've even had a judge ask how to make them!"
- 8 ounces Waverly crackers, divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Place a third of the crackers (about 25) in the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the milk, graham cracker crumbs and sugars; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Pour half of the mixture over crackers, carefully spreading to cover. Place half of the remaining crackers (about 25) on top. Spread with remaining sugar mixture. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and chips until melted and smooth. Spread over crackers. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into small squares. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Homemade Candy Bars in Taste of Home October/November 1995, p64
Reviews for Homemade Candy Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review