- 8 ounces Waverly crackers, divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Place a third of the crackers (about 25) in the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the milk, graham cracker crumbs and sugars; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Pour half of the mixture over crackers, carefully spreading to cover. Place half of the remaining crackers (about 25) on top. Spread with remaining sugar mixture. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir peanut butter and chips until melted and smooth. Spread over crackers. Chill until firm, about 1 hour. Cut into small squares. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Reviews for Homemade Candy Bars
Sort By :
"I have been making these bars for many years. Every time I have taken them to a get together someone asks for the recipe. I have never put in the butterscotch chips when I make it so I double the chocolate chips. Last time I made them I didn't have graham crackers or peanut butter to use. I just used Waverly crackers in place of the graham crackers. I sprinkled ground peanuts over the chocolate in place of the peanut butter. Good both ways!"
"Everyone always asks for this recipe! I make it just as it says."
"Delicious and rich! I have received many requests over the years to make these bars."
"My son Gabe, who is 9, won a blue ribbon at our fair with these tasty treats. Thanks for sharing such a fun recipe!"
"Ihave made these bars for years! everyone loves them!"