Homemade Cajun Seasoning
We in Louisiana love seasoned foods. I use this in gravy, over meats and with salads. It makes an excellent gift for teachers. Many have asked for the recipe.
168 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 carton (26 ounces) salt
- 2 containers (1 ounce each) cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup pepper
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.
- Use to season pork, chicken seafood, steaks or vegetables. Yield:
- about 3-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 teaspoon) equals 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,728 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.