Homemade Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in the marshmallow creme and peanut butter until melted and blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add the butterscotch chips; stir until chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully peel off foil. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 2-3/4 pounds.
1 each: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Homemade Butterscotch Fudge
"I made this recipe today, I followed directions completely, it 8 hours later and it still has not set. Not sure what went wrong but a total waste of money and ingredients!! I'm so disappointed!"
"Very good! Next time, I think I will melt the butterscotch chips before adding them to the pot - some did not melt and I ended up with some pieces of the chips in my fudge."
"I love this recipe and even my picky father really likes it! My favorite thing about it, is that it isn't too sweet!"