Homemade Butterscotch Fudge Recipe
This fudge is sure to be the most delicious you have ever tasted. It is easy to make and will be gone in no time at all.—Kathy Ingrao, West Lafayette, Indiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:81 servings
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in the marshmallow creme and peanut butter until melted and blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add the butterscotch chips; stir until chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully peel off foil. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 2-3/4 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC