Homemade Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
There’s nothing like the flavor of a homemade dressing to enhance any pasta-and-summer-veggies salad. This smooth and delectable version from reader Vivian Haen in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin goes together in no time at all. “It’s so easy and my family has enjoyed it for years,” she says.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients until blended. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 41 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC