Homemade Brownie Pie
This pie never lasts long at our house—it's a different, fun way to serve brownies.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Chocolate syrup, optional
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, butter and vanilla. Combine the
- flour, cocoa and salt; add to bowl and beat until well blended. Stir
- in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° (325° if using a glass pie plate) for 30-35
- minutes or until set. Cool completely before cutting. If desired,
- top individual slices with ice cream and drizzle with chocolate
- syrup. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 358 calories, 21 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.