Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
Buttermilk is the "secret" ingredient that keeps these pork patties moist, while a blend of seasonings create a wonderful taste.—Harvey Keeney, Mandan, North Dakota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min./batch YIELD:20 servings
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1. In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and seasonings. Add pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty 3-in. patties.
- 2. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in batches over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove to paper towels to drain. Yield: 20 patties.
1 sausage patty equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC