Buttermilk is the "secret" ingredient that keeps these pork patties moist, while a blend of seasonings create a wonderful taste.—Harvey Keeney, Mandan, North Dakota
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 pounds ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and seasonings. Add pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twenty 3-in. patties.
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties in batches over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Freeze option: Wrap each cooked, cooled patty in plastic wrap; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.To use, unwrap patties and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes on each side or until heated through. Yield: 20 patties.
Originally published as Breakfast Sausage Patties in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p154
Reviews for Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review