Homemade Breakfast Patties
"While looking for lower-fat, high-protein breakfast options, I took an old sausage recipe and made it new again," field editor Jo Ann Honey relates from Longmont, Colorado.
More Sausage Dinner Recipes »
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crumble turkey into a large bowl. Add the salt, sage, pepper, ginger
- and cayenne. Shape into sixteen 2-1/2-in. patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on
- each side or until no longer pink. Yield: 16 patties.
Nutritional Facts: 1 patty equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.