Homemade Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk, butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down and divide in half. Shape into two loaves and place in greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, covering with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Homemade Bread
Sort By :
"I can not keep up with the want of this bread, Fantastic. Thank you"
"I haven't made this recipe yet , but before I do , I had a quick question , do you need to let the yeast proof at all or not?"
"excellent bread!! It was my first time to bake bread and everyone was impressed at how good it was! I didnt tell them I simply had a good recipe ;-)"
"Very very good. I did the same as one reviewer, I mixed it up in the bread machine and then did the second rise and baking in the oven. Very moist and just overall good taste."
"It was so soft and tasty and such an easy recipe to follow."