- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk, butter, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down and divide in half. Shape into two loaves and place in greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, covering with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Homemade Bread
Sort By :
"I can not keep up with the want of this bread, Fantastic. Thank you"
"I haven't made this recipe yet , but before I do , I had a quick question , do you need to let the yeast proof at all or not?"
"excellent bread!! It was my first time to bake bread and everyone was impressed at how good it was! I didnt tell them I simply had a good recipe ;-)"
"Very very good. I did the same as one reviewer, I mixed it up in the bread machine and then did the second rise and baking in the oven. Very moist and just overall good taste."