Reports Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho. "We always thought bottled dressings tasted just fine until I began making my own. "It's amazing how much better this rich homemade version tastes. I make it often."
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p53
Reviews for Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2009
"Next time I'd leave out the onion salt... makes it taste too oniony. Pretty good though."