Homemade Barbecue Potato Chips Recipe
Crispy with a spicy kick, these thin chips from our Test Kitchen complement sandwiches, burgers, soups and more. Or snack on them with your favorite beverage.
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 4 cups ice water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, cut potato into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain potato; place on paper towels and pat dry. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato slices in batches for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC