Homemade Barbecue Potato Chips Recipe
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 4 cups ice water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, cut potato into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain potato; place on paper towels and pat dry. In an electric skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato slices in batches for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
3/4 cup: 112 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Homemade Barbecue Potato Chips
"These were great but I used smoked paprika, more like a teaspoon of sugar & chipotle chili powder in place of cayenne & regular chili powder."
"i like it"
"Good to eat but sure not worth the smell in the house."
"Followed recipe exactly. Did not really taste like barbecue chips. My husband said it had too much Paprika in it. Will continue looking for another barbecue chip recipe. This is not it."