Homemade Banana Split Ice Cream Recipe
Summer celebrations with my family aren't complete until I dish out tasty homemade ice cream. This recipe from my mom is a favorite.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate syrup
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, water and milk to a boil. Reduce heat; cook until sugar is dissolved. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Stir in the pineapple, bananas and cherries. Fold in whipped cream. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in an ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Serve with chocolate syrup. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
1/2 cup: 178 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Banana Split Ice Cream
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC