VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate syrup
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, water and milk to a boil. Reduce heat; cook until sugar is dissolved. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the pineapple, bananas and cherries. Fold in whipped cream. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in an ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Serve with chocolate syrup. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Banana Split Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p211
Reviews forHomemade Banana Split Ice Cream
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2012
"We made this for a family BBQ this past weekend. It was a big hit! Will definately make it again. We drizzled chocolate and strawberry syrup over the top."