Homemade Banana Bread Recipe
“I served this quick bread to a group of ladies I had over for lunch,“ writes Carole Lanthier from Courtice, Ontario, “and every one of them asked for the recipe! It was a big hit.“ Moist, tasty and studded with cherries and walnuts, this pretty loaf is easily doubled. TIP: This bread freezes well and also makes a lovely holiday or hostess gift.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, bananas, butter, coconut and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cherries.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 285 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Banana Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC