Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
This recipe starts with a can of beans, then I dress them up for a special homemade taste.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in pork and beans; heat through.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2-3 servings.
3/4 each: 260 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein .
Reviews for Homemade Baked Beans
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC