This recipe starts with a can of beans, then I dress them up for a special homemade taste.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in pork and beans; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and mixture reaches desired thickness. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Beans in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p250
Reviews for Homemade Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review