Homemade Apple Crisp
I love apples! This crisp featuring that fruit is always a hit with my family.Kelly Pember, Wheeler, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a small
- bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until
- crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- around the edges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 288 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.