- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Apple Crisp
Sort By :
"This is my favorite apple crisp recipe I've come across. The only change I make is the sugar. I use 1/2 white and 1/2 brown sugar."
"I used 2 granny smith and 1 gala"
"can i substitute canned apples for fresh? Should i increase or decrease liquid?"
"I subsituted 1/2c of Splenda "1/2 the Sugar" for the 1c sugar it called for and 1/4 cup of flour for the 3/4 it to called for. It tasted just as good. My family can't wait till Fall to come for us to pick the apples."