I love apples! This crisp featuring that fruit is always a hit with my family.—Kelly Pember, Wheeler, Wisconsin
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- Place the apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Crisp in Country Woman May/June 2001, p6
Reviews for Homemade Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review