- 2 packages (1 pound each) spiral pasta
- 4 cups chopped green peppers
- 4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, julienned
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni, julienned
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. In several large bowls, combine pasta, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, beans, salami, pepperoni, cheese and olives.
- Place vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over pasta salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 50 (3/4-cup) servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Homemade Antipasto Salad
"To corky11, What don't you understand about the term "crowd pleaser" ? And you probably didn't even bother to make the recipe anyway. Do the math yourself. I plan to."
"So good! I did quarter the recipe because it's just the 2 of us. Didn't add beans or olives but I did add marinated mushrooms (quartered), and marinated artichokes (quartered). Also things on a great antipasti platter. Loved the meat and cheese! I also used fresh moz I had to use up."
"I'm wondering why you selected a recipe that serves 5o. Is it asking to much to break recipe down to serve a family of 4.Would love to hear from you. Thanks...... Gee"
"Favorite picnic salad - LOVE the dressing! Omitted the beans and black olives. Sprinkled with shredded Parmesan."
"Excellent! Skipped the beans."
"Best pasta salad I've ever had!! Used Canellini beans instead of Garbanzos. Used garlic stuffed green olives instead of black olives. I halved the recipe but should have quartered it. This is now a favorite. Thank you for sharing the recipe."
"Great, everyone liked it"
"Love the flavor. The dressing is a wonderful change from bottled Italian dressing. My husband and I eat this as the main dish for lunch as it has the meats. I do not always use the garbanzo beans (or beans at all). It is so good."
"This salad is really good using tri colored pasta! Pretty too. Peg"
"Very good recipe. I make it often for potluck meals, and the only ingredients I change are the green peppers (use red instead) and navy or kidney beans instead of the garbanzo beans."