Homemade Almond Paste Recipe
When a recipe she wanted to try called for almond paste, Anne Keenan of Nevada City, California decided to make her own. "It saves the expense of the store-bought kind," she says, "and results in a lighter baked product."
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almonds
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place almonds in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, egg white, extract and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- 2. Divide almond paste into 1/2-cup portions; place in airtight containers. Refrigerate for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 84 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC