Home-Style White Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (about 1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Home-Style White Bread(8)
Sort By :
Excellent! Tastes just like the bread I've made using my mixer
As the other reviews, it is a very basic white bread perfect for a quick dinner or as a toast bread, or if you need bread for something else, like bread crumbs or bread for bread pudding. It also offers a lot of room to add things. As for the below review, if you don't load your bread machine properly or have old yeast/dead yeast, your bread won't rise no matter what you do.
This was the very first white bread recipe I used and it's the best & easiest. I bake mine in my regular oven in a loaf pan as I dislike the paddle mark. 350 deg. for about 20-25 mins.
This is a really good white bread. I have made it several times. My first venture with a bread machine. My only complaint is the crust is a little tough. Love homemade bread!
I just made this in my bread machine and it completely flopped. The bread hardly rose and it is sunk in the middle while baking. Is it supposed to have an egg in it?