- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew
Sort By :
"I really enjoyed this stew. The flavor is wonderful. I have never used tomato soup in a stew recipe. It added just enough tomato flavor without being overwhelming. I am making it again tonight and am looking forward to enjoying it all over again. Easy and simple."
"This stew tastes almost as good as one which would take 4 times longer to prepare. When you're really pressed for time, or just want to spend your time doing something other than cooking, this recipe is for you. I even left out the browning step without noticing much difference, which makes it even more speedy."
"Great and easy stew. I agree with blclark63. Hints on what to add or tweak is great, but if one wants special diet foods, look for those on the web."
"I am so tired of people rating a recipe based on the sugar, salt and fat. If you want a recipe that is low on everything, then do your search according to your diet. I read reviews to see if it tastes good!!!!! Some people still eat REAL food. Most of the diet stuff has chemicals added. BTW, this is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Instead of Tomato Soup Try using V8 Juice instead,,,Great."