- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew
Sort By :
"I am so tired of people rating a recipe based on the sugar, salt and fat. If you want a recipe that is low on everything, then do your search according to your diet. I read reviews to see if it tastes good!!!!! Some people still eat REAL food. Most of the diet stuff has chemicals added. BTW, this is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Instead of Tomato Soup Try using V8 Juice instead,,,Great."
"I love this but I did substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the tomato soup - it is so easy and is ready when you get home from work - served with a crusty loaf of bread and it is delicious"
"This beef stew is one of the best tasting I have ever had! I used 1 1/4 lbs. of stew meat cut into small chunks, browned them and then cooked 8 hrs. on low. Meat was so tender. I used fresh veggies instead of frozen...... used 3 small red potatoes, cut into quarters, 1 small package of baby bella mushrooms, cut into quarters, 2 stalks of celery, sliced, 1 small sweet onion, large chopped, and 1 (16 oz.) bag of baby carrots cutting the thicker ones in half."