- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Stew
Sort By :
"Great and easy stew. I agree with blclark63. Hints on what to add or tweak is great, but if one wants special diet foods, look for those on the web."
"I am so tired of people rating a recipe based on the sugar, salt and fat. If you want a recipe that is low on everything, then do your search according to your diet. I read reviews to see if it tastes good!!!!! Some people still eat REAL food. Most of the diet stuff has chemicals added. BTW, this is a great recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Instead of Tomato Soup Try using V8 Juice instead,,,Great."
"I love this but I did substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the tomato soup - it is so easy and is ready when you get home from work - served with a crusty loaf of bread and it is delicious"
"This beef stew is one of the best tasting I have ever had! I used 1 1/4 lbs. of stew meat cut into small chunks, browned them and then cooked 8 hrs. on low. Meat was so tender. I used fresh veggies instead of frozen...... used 3 small red potatoes, cut into quarters, 1 small package of baby bella mushrooms, cut into quarters, 2 stalks of celery, sliced, 1 small sweet onion, large chopped, and 1 (16 oz.) bag of baby carrots cutting the thicker ones in half."