Home-Style Stew Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen vegetables for stew
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 1. Place vegetables in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on all sides.
- 2. Transfer to slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 415 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,205 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.