Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Recipe
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add butter; cook until melted. Stir in the gravy mix, flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 8 servings.
1 biscuit with 1/2 cup gravy equals 412 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
"Canned biscuits? Gravy mix? Hmmmm..."
"My husband is the big biscuit and gravy lover and he devoured this."
"so easy and delicious! made this for fathers day breakfast and it was a hit, will make again."
"Made these for dinner last night- they were fantastic! The only thing I might do differently next time, is add a little extra milk."
"I made this recipe for the guys at our hunting camp. They all loved it! Will be making this again!"
"Made these for my brother who loves sausage gravy and biscuits on his birthday...he loved them although I accidentally put a little too much pepper in the gravy! I made biscuits from scratch instead of using storebought...tasted great!"
"Unbelievably good! So comforting and so easy! It's one of our regular recipes in rotations."
"unbelievably good! so comforting and so easy! It's one of our regular recipes in rotations"
"This was great. My kids even ate it."