Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Recipe
My mother-in-law introduced me to her hamburger gravy, and I modified it slightly. We have this every weekend. —Michele Bapst, Jacksonville, North Carolina
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add butter; cook until melted. Stir in the gravy mix, flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 8 servings.
1 biscuit with 1/2 cup gravy equals 412 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,208 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC