My mother-in-law introduced me to her hamburger gravy, and I modified it slightly. We have this every weekend. —Michele Bapst, Jacksonville, North Carolina
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add butter; cook until melted. Stir in the gravy mix, flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p26
Reviews for Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review