Home-Style Ribs Recipe
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless pork spareribs, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place half of the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the onion. Repeat layers. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
10 ounce-weight: 492 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein
Reviews for Home-Style Ribs
"Dry, chewy and the vinegar in the sauce was overpowering. The garbage disposal got this one. Will not make this again."
"obryasa, the 1st line says, 4 - 5 pounds of boneless ribs."
"Recipe does not say how many pounds of ribs to use."
"OK. I followed the recipe pretty closely and it was good."
"This sauce is very tangy and wonderful! I will definitely make these again!"
"Excellent! I added some water/corn starch mixture when there was about an hours left to thicken the sauce."
"Instead of salt I add 1 tblsp chili powder what a kick it gives but not overpowering. Maryanne"
"I've been making this recipe for 20 years it still my sons favortie. You can cook in a 9by 13 pan for 2 1/2 to 3 hours in oven on 325 or fork tender.I don't add the salt. Maryanne"