Home-Style Ribs Recipe
"A dear friend gave me the recipe for these tender ribs simmered in a pleasant barbecue sauce." comments Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah. "They're great to fix in the summer because you don't have to turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:6-8 servings
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless pork spareribs, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Place half of the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the onion. Repeat layers. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (10 ounces) equals 492 calories, 32 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 942 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC