Home-Style Ribs Recipe
"A dear friend gave me the recipe for these tender ribs simmered in a pleasant barbecue sauce." comments Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah. "They're great to fix in the summer because you don't have to turn on the oven and heat up the kitchen."
- 4 to 5 pounds boneless pork spareribs, cut into pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place half of the ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with half of the onion. Repeat layers. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Home-Style Ribs in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p44