Home-Style Meat Loaf Recipe
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 10 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 5 pounds ground pork
- 1. In two very large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble meat over the top and mix well.
- 2. Shape into five loaves; place each in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-85 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Yield: 5 meat loaves (12 servings each).
1 slice equals 276 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.