Home-Style Meat Loaf
This recipe makes five moist meat loaves that are great for large gatherings.Allison Craig, Ormstown, Quebec
60 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 10 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 5 pounds ground pork
- In two very large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble
- meat over the top and mix well.
- Shape into five loaves; place each in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-85 minutes or until
- no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Yield: 5
- meat loaves (12 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 276 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot