- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 10 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 5 pounds ground pork
- In two very large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble meat over the top and mix well.
- Shape into five loaves; place each in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 75-85 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain. Yield: 5 meat loaves (12 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Home-Style Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"I just looked through 120 meatloaf recipes on TOH.com and all my magazines to find this. I cook about 60 every week and church, we made this last year and had many people ask for the recipe. Froze the leftovers, reheated slow in some stock and made them into hot meatloaf sandwhiches. Yum."