Home-Style Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Leaving the tender skins on the spuds not only saves time, it sparks the taste and adds color to these hearty mashed potatoes. They're perfect with the pork roast and versatile enough to go well with other entrees. —Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes well and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Home-Style Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC