Home-Style Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes well and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Home-Style Mashed Potatoes
"simple and good"
"I make these very often. They are very good and the white pepper is something different."