Home-Style Mac 'N' Cheese
We took advantage of the leftover Cheddar Cheese Sauce to prepare this comforting casserole from reader Phyllis Schmalz. The Kansas City, Kansas cook coats macaroni, ham and chopped onion with the creamy mixture before popping the much-loved combination into the oven to bake.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a large
- saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the macaroni, ham,
- cheese sauce, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.