Home-Style Hominy Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white hominy, drained
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add hominy; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper. Add to hominy mixture; cook and stir gently until eggs are set. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover with cheese slices.
- 3. Place under broiler until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 287 mg cholesterol, 720 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.