Home-Style Green Beans
IN THE SOUTH, we call a dish like this "comfort food". We serve it with corn bread, and they go great together.
I make this as a side dish with any of my favorite entrees. It's so simple to prepare I can serve it up in no time.
-Nancy Reichert, Thomasville, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- In a saucepan, combine beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the bacon and seasoned salt;
- simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 78 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 1,296 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.