Home-Style Coleslaw Recipe
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Home-Style Coleslaw
"Loved this. You would never know this is a lower fat/calorie recipe. It tastes better the next day. I guess you could make it more tangy by using a little more vinegar or maybe using reduced fat plain yogurt in place of the sour cream??? I loved it just the way it is and it was so easy to make."
"This is a good basic coleslaw recipe, but I'm looking for something with some more zing to it. Not enough flavor for me."
"Very good recipe. I just used the bagged coleslaw mix. I also added a 1/4 tsp each of celery salt and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning. We also ate it in about an hour. It was very good and very easy."