Home-Style Coleslaw Recipe
This recipe is a staple at our house. The colors get the kids' attention, especially when I use red and green cabbage.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:7 servings
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 7 servings.
2/3 cup equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC