- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Home-Style Coleslaw(3)
Sort By :
Loved this. You would never know this is a lower fat/calorie recipe. It tastes better the next day. I guess you could make it more tangy by using a little more vinegar or maybe using reduced fat plain yogurt in place of the sour cream??? I loved it just the way it is and it was so easy to make.
This is a good basic coleslaw recipe, but I'm looking for something with some more zing to it. Not enough flavor for me.
Very good recipe. I just used the bagged coleslaw mix. I also added a 1/4 tsp each of celery salt and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning. We also ate it in about an hour. It was very good and very easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Coleslaw Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >