“I’ve relied on this easily prepared broth on many occasions,” Kathy Rairigh shares from Milford, Indiana. “Mom gave me the recipe, and we love it.”
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in noodles; cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Home-Style Chicken Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p17
Reviews for Home-Style Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2008
"double it and subsitute turkey for chicken and you won't be dissapointed!"