“I’ve relied on this easily prepared broth on many occasions,” Kathy Rairigh shares from Milford, Indiana. “Mom gave me the recipe, and we love it.”
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in noodles; cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Home-Style Chicken Soup in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p17
Reviews for Home-Style Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2008
"double it and subsitute turkey for chicken and you won't be dissapointed!"