- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, cook carrots and celery in a small amount of
- water until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Gradually whisk in broth and cream. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrot
- mixture, chicken, onions, peas, chives, parsley and thyme; heat
- through. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to fit top of dish; cut out
- vents. Place dough over filling; trim and flute edges. Brush with
- egg. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and crust is
- golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now