Home-Style Chicken and Sausage Recipe
- 1 Italian sausage link (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bone-in chicken thighs (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper or green pepper chunks (1 inch)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1. In a skillet, cook sausage link over medium heat until no longer pink; cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside. Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the chicken in remaining oil. Add the chicken, reserved sausage, sweet pepper, onion, water, salt, oregano and pepper to the potatoes.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add beans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 954 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.