Home-Style Cheese Muffins
These muffins are a savory addition to your favorite breakfast or brunch. My family loves them so much that I make sure to have some shredded cheese in the refrigerator so I can whip them up in a hurry.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix egg, milk and
- butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.