Home-Style Cheese Muffins Recipe
These muffins are a savory addition to your favorite breakfast or brunch. My family loves them so much that I make sure to have some shredded cheese in the refrigerator so I can whip them up in a hurry.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix egg, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Home-Style Cheese Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p77
Reviews for Home-Style Cheese Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review