Home-Style Beef Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Drain noodles.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and cheese. Spread 1/2 cup beef mixture over cheese; repeat layers. Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
1-1/3 cups (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 359 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.