- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Drain noodles.
- Place 1/2 cup beef mixture in a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the noodles, cream cheese mixture and cheese. Spread 1/2 cup beef mixture over cheese; repeat layers. Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 3 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Home-Style Beef Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
Nothing special, but a nice quick meal!
This is a keeper! I added a few more chilies (because "some like it hot") and a bit more cheese. Hubby loved it. I froze some to take with us on our upcoming road trip and will heat it in my electric pot. Thanks for a yummy new recipe.
If you are looking for something that is like spaghetti with meat sauce then this is it. If that is not what you want then keep looking.
Very good, didnt add the chilies
I thought this recipe was delicious! Definitely a keeper! So easy
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >