Pop this special dish in the oven and mouths will water in anticipation— the cinnamony aroma is tantalizing! The fruit comes out tender and slightly tart while the pecan halves add a delightful crunch.
- 1 medium apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice. Arrange in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Combine pineapple, peaches and pears; spoon over apples. Top with cherries and pecans; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and reserved pineapple juice. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over fruit. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Home-For-Christmas Fruit Bake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p13
Reviews for Home-For-Christmas Fruit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review