Holstein Crinkles Recipe
Ever sine I was a teen, I've been surprising my family with my baking experiments. These fudgy cookies are among my successes. I make several batches for friends around Christmastime.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 to 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Working with 1 cup of dough at a time, shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 70 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 31 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Holstein Crinkles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC